It’s cliché to say the NFL is a week-to-week league, but just because it’s a cliché doesn’t mean it’s not true.
A quick, bullet-point list of conventional wisdom upended by the events of Week 6:
- The Browns are for real.
- Aaron Rodgers is unstoppable.
- Derrick Henry is having an off year.
- The Bears are obvious pretenders.
- The Patriots will be fine with Cam.
- Phillip Rivers is washed.
- The Jets are hopeless.
OK, that last one still holds … but you get the point. Change happens in an instant, and the league will alter itself again by the time next week’s Power Rankings roll around. It’s kind of beautiful, isn’t it?
On to the rankings …